- ESTATE PLANNING
Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, Healthcare Proxies, Special Needs Trusts
- ELDER LAW
Guardianships, Incapacity Planning, Nursing Home Abuse
Medicaid Planning, Medicaid Applications, Medicaid Trusts
Probate and Estate Administration in Surrogate’s Court
How an Elder Law Attorney Can Help You in 2021: Medicaid Assistance for Seniors
Medicaid Home Care and Medicaid Nursing Home Assistance
Seniors need specialized legal services. At Somekh & Associates, we advocate for seniors and their loved ones. These include Medicaid Home Care and Medicaid Nursing Home assistance. This encompasses the enitirety of health care, retirement, guardianship, Medicare and Medicaid and estate planning. We take care of important issues like planning for the future and assisted living should the need arise. An elder care lawyer provides solutions to a variety of problems, including:
- Arranging familial assets in order to qualify for Medicaid assistance
- Discussing the importance of creating a will, planning your estate, probate proceedings and caring for a disabled or special needs family member.
- Create a legally binding power of attorney.
- Assist with health care and planning, including Medicare/Medicaid assistance, patient rights, assisted living options and long-term care options.
- Help with financial matters, such as income, estate, and tax.
- Explain the rights of residents in nursing homes and help with any claims.
- Draft living wills, including powers of attorney.
Choosing Somekh & Associates as your Law Firm: Somekh & Associates takes this advocacy seriously. We regularly represent clients that have been mistreated by the legal system, taking them all the way before the Supreme Court of New York State, civil courts, and appellate courts. The litigation service that we offer also encompasses recovery of property, large estate matters and distribution of assets. We are extremely focused and will do everything possible to achieve your goals.
Trust & Estates During Times of Trouble: How Medicaid Helps Seniors
You need an experienced lawyer with knowledge in the field. We understand the courts, laws and changes in Medicaid rules for HOME CARE assistance and NURSING HOME assistance and can help you get the best results. The Law Offices of Somekh & Associates have decades of experience dealing with these important issues. We make it easier to plan for your future and ensure that all legal matters are taken care of, protecting your assets and carrying out your wishes.
We regularly provide these services:
- Establish a trust to avoid probate
- Maintain the privacy of your estate
- Protect assets from creditors
- Ensure that your designated beneficiaries get the inheritance you intend for them
- Protect your wealth, your assets, and your legacies by developing a plan for your trust and estate
How an Estate Planning Lawyer Can Help
Experienced estate planning lawyers will assist you in a variety of ways. They will chat with you regarding the state of your financial affairs, your personal property, the estate planning goals you have, how to cover the needs of your loved ones after your passing or disability and your healthcare wishes. Somekh & Associates will ensure that your wishes are carried out, and continue to manage your estate so you can rest assured that your benefactors are being taken care of.
Some of the ways Somekh & Associates can help are:
- Prepare a Power of Attorney in case of disability.
- Drafting all manner of trusts, including living trusts and irrevocable trusts.
- Developing plans to lower or avoid estate taxes and make sure that your property and savings are not taken by creditors after your death.
- Will preparation.
- Manage the probate process if required.
- Advice in guardianship or conservatorship matters.
An estate planning attorney assists you with planning out your future. Somekh & Associates helps you by offering customized advice such as paying attention to tax consequences. We will address any concerns regarding the family relationships and efficient administration services. As estate planning attorneys, we can advise you on getting your affairs in order. This includes how to prepare for the possibility of mental or physical disabilities. Estate planning doesn’t just encompass the creation and execution of a will. Somekh & Associates will work closely with you, discussing your needs, goals and available options to create a solution that works for you and your family. Should you become physically or mentally incapacitated, we can prepare powers of attorney, so you know who will be managing your affairs with your best interest in mind.
Real Estate Law
At Somekh & Associates, we have the experience and expertise in real estate law. We can assist you with any transaction involving buying, selling or leasing. We are adept at foreclosures from the lender or borrower side and offer assistance in financing and negotiations. There are a lot of benefits of hiring an experienced real estate lawyer to assist with the process.
Some of the services we offer are the following:
- Describe all the legal terms of the contract, whether you’re purchasing or selling.
- Explain any inconsistencies in the documents and recommend a better course of action.
- Evaluate any easements, liens or obligations the property has on record.
- Prepare all necessary documentation.
- Clarify the mortgage terms and negotiate any necessary changes.
- Calculate all the tax liabilities related to purchasing or selling real estate.
- Accompany you during the closing of the contract and review any paperwork that needs to be signed.
- Confirm that the deed to the property you receive is only subject to the terms you’ve agreed to, including liens or easements.
FREE 15 Minute Consultation
Preventing problems before they occur is critically important. And, if you have an elderly parent or another relative experiencing challenges with Medicaid or asset protection, I can help answer your questions.
When an elderly loved one is going through a difficult illness and decisions must be made – you have enough to worry about. You’ll know you’ve done the right things and breathe easier when the complex legal matters have been taken care of and you can focus on your family once again.