Elder Law Attorney – Why Hire This Specialist?
An Elder Law Attorney is a specialist in an area of law that is often misunderstood and quite often, misrepresented. It is defined by the client’s needs, instead of a particular field. For this reason, Somekh & Associates are aware that elders needs likely goes beyond basic legal services. We have connections to a network of professionals who can assist you or your loved one.
We advocate for the elderly and their loved ones, helping with issues related to health care, retirement, guardianship, Medicare and Medicaid and estate planning among others issues. By focusing on the needs of the elderly population, we take care of day to day issues like planning for the future and assisted living, should this situation be required.
An elder care lawyer can help with a variety of problems, including:
• Discussing the importance of creating a will, planning your estate, probate proceedings and caring for a disabled or special needs family member.
• Create a legally binding power of attorney.
• Assist with health care and planning, including Medicare/Medicaid assistance, patient rights, assisted living options and long-term care options.
• Help with financial matters, such as income, estate, and tax.
• Explain the rights of residents in nursing homes and help with any claims.
• Draft living wills, including powers of attorney.
Choosing Somekh & Associates as your Elder Law Firm
Somekh & Associates takes elder advocacy seriously. We regularly represent clients that have been punished by the legal system, taking them all the way before the Supreme Court and Surrogate’s Court of New York State, civil courts, and appellate courts. The litigation service that we offer also encompasses recovery of property, large estate matters and distribution of assets. We are extremely focused and will do everything possible to achieve your goals.